Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I am Back!!

I am so sorry to have not written for days. When Mike lost his job I was a bit freaked out and I couldn't write. I was always worried and always on the edge of tears. But last night Mike got a call and he was hired at another plumbing company. We didn't get to have our planned date today but it is okay because he has a job!!!!!!

Anyway our date would have consisted of bitching about McCain and his running mate. How so many in our country are naive about this Republican Ticket is beyond me. I don't understand how this woman who has come out of left field with a horrendous environmental and animal rights record as she has I would think CNN would have covered it sooner than last night. She believes that the war is God's Plan and that the church where she spoke these words believes that Alaska is going to one of the safe haven's during the "End Of Times". Watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4LjsfWbZLA and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQq4b5IQhq8&feature=related
She told the members of the church to pray for the gas pipeline and that again it was God's Will. Now normally I would say everyone has a right to their beliefs and this is a free country after all. BUT guess who paid for the travel expenses for that trip? The Alaskan Tax Payers Did, That's Who!!! $639.50 of state funds were used for her to spread her gospel. What happened to the separation of church and state? Why would tax paying Jews, Muslims, and other denominations be okay with this type of abuse of power? Maybe Palin feels since Alaska is so far away from the rest of the country her words would never be heard, I don't know, but it is scary to think that of all the men and women that died defending our rights, our way of life, our ability to choose what is best for OUR families. Those who laid down their lives during The Revolutionary War, Civil War, WWI, WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, The Gulf War, and now the Iraq War all died in vain, if we don't stand up and say enough is enough!!!! I guess Separation of Church and State means nothing in 2008. It scares the hell out of me, when we allow our government officials to write and approve laws with a Bible in their hand instead of the Constitution, it only leads to more of our freedoms being stripped away.

In the end I am an Independant who is a christian, I believe the Lord is my Savior, I also see him as my only judge. I know when I die that I will answer only to him, not the Republican Party. I refuse to allow this group of judgemental liars be my moral judge. I find it ironic that the Republican Party is always complaining about Democrats wanting BIGGER government when in truth they are the ones who want to be in our homes ruling over every move, every decision we make for ourselves while they meet men in public restrooms (http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/28/craig.arrest/ )
and flirt with underage congressional pages ( http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/29/AR2006092901574.html ). \
Then the lying about why we as a country invaded Iraq while they line their pockets with dirty oil money. I find it terrifying that many people in this country believe that Saddam and his government had something to do with 9/11. He didn't! It was proven that he didn't, history will show that Saddam and Osama bin Laden HATED one another. Osama bin Laden saw Hussein as a plight on the Muslim world, an infidel and Saddam saw him as a threat to his rule over terrified Iraqis.
(http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0303-01.htm ) http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004/jun/16/alqaida.september11

So again with Sarah Palin and now the Lipstick/Pig comments Republicans prove they are better at Spin and munipulating the press, the American people and most of all the TRUTH!!

No comments: